BlockDevs Asia held its second Decentralized Innovation Startup Hackathon on April 6 and 7 in Makati City, Philippines, in an effort to further promote the use of blockchain technology in daily life.
The two-day competition saw 75 participants develop commercial and societal solutions to real-life problems using blockchain platforms, mainly IOST, Ethereum, and Stellar platforms.
The participants, most of which had little to no experience in using blockchain for coding, were guided by 10 mentors, as well as taught how to design a token for their platform through an economics workshop.
The application development segment of the hackathon was held on the first day while the elimination and announcement of winners were done in the second day.
Aside from IOST, Ethereum, and Stellar, some of the contestants used the EOS and NEM platforms.
The grand winners of DISH 2019 are as follows:
- 1st Prize (Php 50,000): ProsperEOS by Gigamike
- 2nd Prize (Php 30,000): iSchool by Team Earnest
- 3rd Prize (Php 20,000): InforMefy by SevenSeven
Special awards were also given to three teams:
- The outstanding technical award: CryptoMons by Cadet Corpse
- The outstanding commercial award: Coinscious Juan by Flexicoin
- The outstanding societal award: PataTask for Kids by Team Horton
Token News, a platinum sponsor of the event, additionally gave out special cash prizes to five teams, namely Team Earnest, EQ Wallet, UDM, Flexicoin, and Five Loops.
DISH 2019 is one of the two events that BlockDevs Asia organized for the Philippines’ first Inclusive Prosperity Fintech Summit in partnership with BlockchainSPACE, SCI Ventures, and Unionbank of the Philippines.