- Proceeds to be used for Research&Development and Marketing
- Insurance Service for Crypto Holders
- CEO Val Yap Named as Forbes’s 30 under 30 for the Finance & Venture Capital Category
- Alpha Release: PolicyPal Network Blockchain in Q4 2018
PolicyPal Singapore’s affiliate PolicyPal Network would plan its crowdsale on 3rd March, CEO and Founder Val Yap said. PolicyPal Singapore is an insurance app platform project, with a use of blockchain technology, along with machine learning and artificial intelligence.
The Asian InsurTech(Insurance＋Technology
Launched in 2016, PolicyPal Singapore would help millions of unbanked people in developing countries receive insurance services, Yap said, adding that the blockchain-based InsurTech platform would also help commercial companies and individuals protect from hacks on their wallets and exchanges in the cryptocurrency space via providing insurance services.
Blockchain technology would offer a whole new set of evolutionary inroads in the insurance space across a wide range of areas, including reduced transaction costs and increased transparency, Yap noted.
PolicyPal Singapore partners with a number of global insurance companies, including AXA, Allianz, and Aviva, and provides a wide range of insurance services such as critical illness, motor insurance, and retirement life insurance plans via its partnerships per its documents.
by Genta Nakanishi
20 team members, including Yap, are all based in Singapore, with a variety of backgrounds from insurance, finance and technology.
Val Yap is the CEO and Founder at PolicyPal. Before creating Policypal, Val held the post of Assistant Vice President at OCBC Bank which saw her responsible for launching a wide range of digital initiatives and campaigns key to rejuvenating the OCBC brand. She was also recently named in Forbes’s 30 under 30 for the Finance & Venture Capital category and made the list for Linkedin’s Singapore Power Profiles 2017.
Lucas is the Chief Strategy Officer for PolicyPal. He previously held the position of APAC Leader for IBM Global Entrepreneur Program, IBM Asia Pacific was responsible for helping more than 2000 startups integrate, scale and succeed on IBM Cloud and IBM Watson. Lucas is presently an advisor for BuzzVox. Lucas graduated with a BSc in Information Systems from the Singapore Management University in Singapore.
David Hoong is the Head of Broking at PolicyPal. Prior to PolicyPal, he concurrently managed multiple roles with two separate insurance broking firms.With nearly 25 years of insurance brokering experience, David plays a central role in formulating strategies and new policies for PolicyPal including opportunities for overseas expansion.
- Launch of Website and WhitePaper
- Announcement of Partnerships
- Token Generation Event
- Proof of concept for CryptoProtect insurance with global insurer
- Alpha Release: PolicyPal Network on Ethereum Testnet
- Alpha Release: Testing of CryptoProtect insurance with Partner
- Alpha Release: Testing of bonus in PYPL tokens with selected community members
- Alpha Release: PolicyPal Network on Ethereum Testnet with Partner in new country
- Beta Release: PolicyPal Network on Ethereum Mainnet with Partner in new country
- Launch: Bonus in PYPL tokens for members who purchase policies
- Alpha Release: PolicyPal Network Blockchain
- Beta Release: PolicyPal Network Blockchain with Proof of Stake
- Launch: PolicyPal Network Blockchain with exchange of erc20 tokens onto PolicyPal Network Mainnet
- Launch: P2P Mutual Aid Insurance – Personal and Life Insurance on PolicyPal Network Blockchain
- Launch: Cryptocurrency insurance with Global Insurer
- Further expansion of PolicyPal Network into other Asian countries
- Proof of concept for new insurance products with global insurer on Blockchain
- Launch: P2P Mutual Aid Insurance – Agriculture and Property Insurance on PolicyPal Network Blockchain
- New product ideas and ongoing iteration